I feel pretty, yet unpretty

I wish I could be in your shoes, and feel pretty like you.
I see myself in the mirror, and see every flaw, every unappealing trait of myself.
And it's all because of you.
I tried so many different ways, but it's all the same.
And when I think I'm through, it's because of you.
I used to look at myself, staring into my unbroken reflection,
Thinking, "I feel pretty, so pretty and witty and bright"
But now my insides are blue, and at the end of the day,
I have myself to blame.
I try to be who I'm not, try to be someone I'm not to make you happy.
I've never been insecure before until I met you, and now I've been doing everything in my power to feel pretty for you tonight.
And I pity any girl who will be in my shoes.
And maybe getting rid of you will be the best,
For me to find myself again.
Now that I'm rid of you, i still feel the same.
I used to feel so "cute" to me and I realize that I've been acting stupid, tryin to warm up to you,
So that I can believe you when you call me pretty.
And when I look into that mirror, I'll be able to say "I am pretty, and witty and bright"
You can buy whatever you like to make you feel good inside,
New clothes, new hair, new face,
But if you cant look inside you and find out who am I too,
Then your on your own.
And I hope you hate yourself for putting me in a position to make me feel so damn unpretty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..