Dead Hearts

Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming...
Drowning in my imaginations, running wild and free...
I feel like I'm flying, my arms moving like wings,
So exciting and thrilling...
At that moment when I'm soaring through the clouds,
My heart thumping wildly in my chest,
I hope my dreams never come to an end.
And then, reality hits and I fall.
I fall hard into the asphalt,
My arms and legs cut and bleeding,
Blood pouring out of my mouth.
It hurts, yes it does.
My heart slows down beat by beat.
And I feel alone, so alone.
No one by my side, everyone is so far...so distant.
I start to feel like I'm dreaming again,
And it doesn't hurt as much anymore...
I feel excited, yet I can't seem to smile.
I'm soaring through those clouds,
Running wild and free, yet I feel no pounding in my chest.
No beat,
Nothing.
Just one dead heart.
I look around and I notice the sky filled with kids just like me.
I never even noticed them before.
Running wild and free,
Kids that I once knew.
Dead hearts were everywhere,
And I didn't feel so alone anymore.
I joined them, into the world of painless empty dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..