A Change of Heart
"Forever. You and I, Renee. I promise" Jordon gripped her hand tightly in his, as if both their hands would meld together and become one.
Renee smiled at him, batting her beautiful long lashes.
He gazed at her, admiring every feature of her unforgettable face. Her icy blue eyes, her dark brown hair and most of all, her mesmerizing smile that takes his breath away.
He cupped her face in his hands and kissed to forever & always.
***
-2 months later-
"Why can't you just LISTEN to me?" Renee screamed, tears splashing her face.
Jordon gripped his head with his hands, just wanting to escape before he exploded with anger.
He glared at her. "I am listening! I just don't understand why you have to leave?" He said calmly, trying to control his temper.
"This is my dream. You know how important this is to me." Renee said desperately. She hastily wiped her face with the back of her hand.
"I know, and I'm not telling you to not follow your dreams Renee, but there are many options here that will get you one step closer to your dream instead of leaving to New York" Jordon moved closer to her, his arms reaching for her.
She stood there frozen. "Were living in freaking Michigan. I want to be in broadway, and New York is where I know I will succeed Jordon. You know I'm right. Why can't u just understand that?"
"I understand" He sighed exasperately. "What I don't understand is your eagerness to leave. To follow your dreams and leave me."
Renee looked at him defeated. "I want to be with you, and when I go to New York, we can try long distance relationship and I'll visit you and you'll visit me. We'll take turns."
He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "okay fine, then what? I get a call oneday, telling me that things have changed, and that it's not going to work and that it's over. Your going to lie then I'll find out that you met someone else in broadway. I don't think so Renee. Im not going to wait to get broken up with."
She looked at him, her face impassive. "You don't trust me. After everything. Why can't you be proud of me? Why must you be so insecure? That'll I'll just forget about you and find someone else. screw you."
She grabbed her bag off the floor and swung it over her shoulders. She started to walk past him but his hands grabbed her roughly, pushing her against the wall.
Renee screamed, her blue eyes wide in fright and disbelief.
"YOUR NOT LEAVING ME!" Jordon screamed, shaking her with force. His nails dug into her arms and she whimpered in pain.
Jordon looked into her eyes, the very own eyes that captivated him.
The eyes that sparkled at him, now glistened with sad tears. His heart cracked.
He looked at her lips. The beautiful lips that he kissed. The very own lips that smiled for him that breathtaking smile, now quivered in fear.
His heart cracked oncemore.
And finally he looked at her face. The only face he adored, that he longed to look at, to fall asleep staring at every night and waking up to every morning. Her face, Renee's gorgeous face, splattered with tears and frozen in fright.
His heart shattered.
Renee held her breath, afraid as to what he'd do. Before she could say anything, his lips crushed into hers.
Jordon kissed her one last time before stepping back, away from her, his hands trembling.
"Go to New York, follow your dreams, and when you come back to Michigan as a broadway star, I'll be here, wanting to hear all about your successes because I believe in you. And I'm proud of you. And I'm going to let you go, because I love you."
Jordon wiped the wetness away from his face.
"I'm sorry" He said one last time before rushing out the door.
Renee dropped her bag and collapsed to the ground.
"I love you too" She whispered.
Renee smiled at him, batting her beautiful long lashes.
He gazed at her, admiring every feature of her unforgettable face. Her icy blue eyes, her dark brown hair and most of all, her mesmerizing smile that takes his breath away.
He cupped her face in his hands and kissed to forever & always.
***
-2 months later-
"Why can't you just LISTEN to me?" Renee screamed, tears splashing her face.
Jordon gripped his head with his hands, just wanting to escape before he exploded with anger.
He glared at her. "I am listening! I just don't understand why you have to leave?" He said calmly, trying to control his temper.
"This is my dream. You know how important this is to me." Renee said desperately. She hastily wiped her face with the back of her hand.
"I know, and I'm not telling you to not follow your dreams Renee, but there are many options here that will get you one step closer to your dream instead of leaving to New York" Jordon moved closer to her, his arms reaching for her.
She stood there frozen. "Were living in freaking Michigan. I want to be in broadway, and New York is where I know I will succeed Jordon. You know I'm right. Why can't u just understand that?"
"I understand" He sighed exasperately. "What I don't understand is your eagerness to leave. To follow your dreams and leave me."
Renee looked at him defeated. "I want to be with you, and when I go to New York, we can try long distance relationship and I'll visit you and you'll visit me. We'll take turns."
He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "okay fine, then what? I get a call oneday, telling me that things have changed, and that it's not going to work and that it's over. Your going to lie then I'll find out that you met someone else in broadway. I don't think so Renee. Im not going to wait to get broken up with."
She looked at him, her face impassive. "You don't trust me. After everything. Why can't you be proud of me? Why must you be so insecure? That'll I'll just forget about you and find someone else. screw you."
She grabbed her bag off the floor and swung it over her shoulders. She started to walk past him but his hands grabbed her roughly, pushing her against the wall.
Renee screamed, her blue eyes wide in fright and disbelief.
"YOUR NOT LEAVING ME!" Jordon screamed, shaking her with force. His nails dug into her arms and she whimpered in pain.
Jordon looked into her eyes, the very own eyes that captivated him.
The eyes that sparkled at him, now glistened with sad tears. His heart cracked.
He looked at her lips. The beautiful lips that he kissed. The very own lips that smiled for him that breathtaking smile, now quivered in fear.
His heart cracked oncemore.
And finally he looked at her face. The only face he adored, that he longed to look at, to fall asleep staring at every night and waking up to every morning. Her face, Renee's gorgeous face, splattered with tears and frozen in fright.
His heart shattered.
Renee held her breath, afraid as to what he'd do. Before she could say anything, his lips crushed into hers.
Jordon kissed her one last time before stepping back, away from her, his hands trembling.
"Go to New York, follow your dreams, and when you come back to Michigan as a broadway star, I'll be here, wanting to hear all about your successes because I believe in you. And I'm proud of you. And I'm going to let you go, because I love you."
Jordon wiped the wetness away from his face.
"I'm sorry" He said one last time before rushing out the door.
Renee dropped her bag and collapsed to the ground.
"I love you too" She whispered.
Comments
Post a Comment