An Echo
The room was cold. An icy chilly wind circled around me. Cold, so cold. I breathed out a ring of smoke, my arms wrapped tightly across my chest, shivering for warmth.
Praying for someone to wander across and hold me, to keep me alive from freezing in the dark. Can anyone hear me? Is anyone out there? I would say to myself. But nobody responds. Just the echo of my own voice resonating in thin air.
I was not only cold in the outside but now, all the way internally.
And I close my eyes, hoping it would be alright, but I know it's not enough. As I stand alone, all I can think about is you. I'm screaming your name like a fool, at the top of my lungs.
I clutch your shirt tightly, inhaling your scent.
Hopeing that anybody would wander by, anyone at all.
But always hopeing that "anybody" would be you.
Praying for someone to wander across and hold me, to keep me alive from freezing in the dark. Can anyone hear me? Is anyone out there? I would say to myself. But nobody responds. Just the echo of my own voice resonating in thin air.
I was not only cold in the outside but now, all the way internally.
And I close my eyes, hoping it would be alright, but I know it's not enough. As I stand alone, all I can think about is you. I'm screaming your name like a fool, at the top of my lungs.
I clutch your shirt tightly, inhaling your scent.
Hopeing that anybody would wander by, anyone at all.
But always hopeing that "anybody" would be you.
Comments
Post a Comment