Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

I turn the music up, and let my untarnished soul run free.
Run free away from adversity, from unbearable agony that might threaten to destroy it and make it unwholesome.
How could I let anybody hurt it the way it was hurt before?
So I remove every letter, every piece of poetry, and every marvelous memory that filled me with happiness and love.
And all I remember is nothing now.
Nothing.
I don't even remember your number, I don't even remember your name.
Blocked and deleted from my life.
The way you wanted it.
And the way I accepted it, with no tears, and no pain.
I let it happen, I let us be the way we are now, because mentally, emotionally, physically, I've had enough.
I scraped my knees on that road, spilled blood, sweat and tears on that godforsaken road.
And now all that's left is a road block.
I refuse to let anything happen to me anymore, and I refuse to let you be the one to hurt me and pain me past endurance. Because I am happy with my life. I am happy with my supportive friends, and the future ahead of me.
The future is prosperous and its mine to take. You won't be the death of me.
How long can I keep my strength up? I don't know. I'm strong, but I know I won't be strong for that long.
And when the pain of actually losing your love and friendship finally hits me, finally breaks into me, past the chains and padlocked doors, I will finally cry.
And every teardrop will be a waterfall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..