Tears of the Unbeloved

Anger runs through my veins in considerable speed.
I bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears that are slowly escaping through the corner of my eyes. I've never been so upset before. My face burns hot red as I control my emotions.
I squeeze my temples and closed my eyes.
Go to your happy place...
I slowly breathe in and out very deeply.
Seconds pass...minutes pass...
I open my eyes. They are wet from the tears that I desperately tried to hold in. I wipe my eyes with my sleeves, leaving black marks. Damn! I shouldn't have wore mascara!
I look at the time. 6:30pm. It's too late.
My hands clench tightly, anger rolled uneasily in my stomach.
Those fucking hags, I thought to myself.
I look at the mirror and see somebody I didn't recognize. Her hair is pulled back tightly into a ponytail, just like me.
Why does she look so familiar?
Her eyes are red from tears but they flash pure hatred and anger.
That can't be me, my eyes never look like that.
The corners of her mouth are pulled downwards, forching an ugly frown.
That still can't be me, I usually smile when I look at myself in the mirror. But for some reason, she doesn't feel like a stranger to me.
She's not a stranger, I realize that now. That stranger is me.
It's not my fault, and I know exactly whose fault it is.
The tears begin to escape my eyes. I hold them back...
WAIT!
Oh, who fucking cares.

I let the tears splatter messily on my cheeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..