Strange World.
My hand grips his tightly, holding on to his very dear life. Perspiration leaks through our hands, and I can feel him slipping. Slipping away from me.
"I'm not lettin go." I said frantically. My arms burned with the weight of holding on to his body.
"It's okay. If you need to. It's okay." He said calmly. The rocks underneath him gave in as he fell lower into the deep darkness.
I shook my head, and tried desperately to pull him up. His death will not be on my hands. I won't let him fall. I won't let him fall....I won't let him fall.
I screamed in agony, feeling my body slowly give up...but I couldn't do it. I will not do it. Letting go is something I never learned to do properly.
He looked up at me, his face expressionless. "You can't pull me up. Gravity is on my side tonight."
Tears fell silently down my face. I knew he was right. All my strength was going to waste. There was no way I could lift him up into my arms, I just didn't have it in me. And at this moment, I wished I did.
"Don't cry. Don't be afraid. I'll always be here for you. But you need to let go and I won't bring you with me." He pulled one of his hands out of mine, and reached to caress my face, wiping the wet tears away. I gave one last pull, screaming in effort. Still no use.
He chuckled sadly. He shook his head and looked at me, with love in his eyes.
Love that said forever and always.
Pulling himself up with his own strength, he leaned up towards my face so that we were eye level.
"When I say let go. You let go love." He whispered to me gently.
I sobbed quietly, shaking my head.
"Don't cry." His brown eyes gazed into mine. "Close your eyes."
I closed them.
His warm breath caressed my face and I felt calmer. I felt the brush of his lips...so warm...so warm.
"Let go...." He breathed.
And then it was cold.
I opened my eyes. My hands clinged to empty air.
No one said letting go was easy, and that it would make sense at all.
I'm living in a strange world, where words meet heartbeats but at that moment...
My heart was lost.
"I'm not lettin go." I said frantically. My arms burned with the weight of holding on to his body.
"It's okay. If you need to. It's okay." He said calmly. The rocks underneath him gave in as he fell lower into the deep darkness.
I shook my head, and tried desperately to pull him up. His death will not be on my hands. I won't let him fall. I won't let him fall....I won't let him fall.
I screamed in agony, feeling my body slowly give up...but I couldn't do it. I will not do it. Letting go is something I never learned to do properly.
He looked up at me, his face expressionless. "You can't pull me up. Gravity is on my side tonight."
Tears fell silently down my face. I knew he was right. All my strength was going to waste. There was no way I could lift him up into my arms, I just didn't have it in me. And at this moment, I wished I did.
"Don't cry. Don't be afraid. I'll always be here for you. But you need to let go and I won't bring you with me." He pulled one of his hands out of mine, and reached to caress my face, wiping the wet tears away. I gave one last pull, screaming in effort. Still no use.
He chuckled sadly. He shook his head and looked at me, with love in his eyes.
Love that said forever and always.
Pulling himself up with his own strength, he leaned up towards my face so that we were eye level.
"When I say let go. You let go love." He whispered to me gently.
I sobbed quietly, shaking my head.
"Don't cry." His brown eyes gazed into mine. "Close your eyes."
I closed them.
His warm breath caressed my face and I felt calmer. I felt the brush of his lips...so warm...so warm.
"Let go...." He breathed.
And then it was cold.
I opened my eyes. My hands clinged to empty air.
No one said letting go was easy, and that it would make sense at all.
I'm living in a strange world, where words meet heartbeats but at that moment...
My heart was lost.
Comments
Post a Comment