Hallelujah
Tell me a story, and I'll tell you mine.
Tell me a secret, and I'll trust you with mine.
Because you mean something to me.
Hold me when I'm scared, and I'll do the same to you.
Touch me when I need comfort, and I'll hold you too.
Because I know you'll be there.
But its days like there, when I'm alone in the dark.
Remembering those days we strolled by the park.
Those were the days weren't they?
Even now, I still end up smiling,
And the sadness keeps on piling.
Because I never let it go.
While I sleep, I crave for your touch,
And when I awake, it's all too much.
And those tears fall wet and cold.
You moved in me, like I moved in you.
Those memories, and the I love you's.
Is no longer said, the words left unspoken.
But it all comes back to me.
What I want, and what I believe.
Because no one has faith in my gift.
And so, I trust my heart.
Should of from the start.
Yet, I end up being alone anyways.
Till this day, I try and move on.
But still try to keep our bond.
Because you promised forever & always.
So when, new hands touch mine.
It's still yours I wish to find.
Because your presence still lingers with me.
And when things start clear up,
There lays a broken cup.
With nothing there to help fix it.
So, I'll sit with my guitar,
Alone, yet not too far.
Singing Hallelujah.
Tell me a secret, and I'll trust you with mine.
Because you mean something to me.
Hold me when I'm scared, and I'll do the same to you.
Touch me when I need comfort, and I'll hold you too.
Because I know you'll be there.
But its days like there, when I'm alone in the dark.
Remembering those days we strolled by the park.
Those were the days weren't they?
Even now, I still end up smiling,
And the sadness keeps on piling.
Because I never let it go.
While I sleep, I crave for your touch,
And when I awake, it's all too much.
And those tears fall wet and cold.
You moved in me, like I moved in you.
Those memories, and the I love you's.
Is no longer said, the words left unspoken.
But it all comes back to me.
What I want, and what I believe.
Because no one has faith in my gift.
And so, I trust my heart.
Should of from the start.
Yet, I end up being alone anyways.
Till this day, I try and move on.
But still try to keep our bond.
Because you promised forever & always.
So when, new hands touch mine.
It's still yours I wish to find.
Because your presence still lingers with me.
And when things start clear up,
There lays a broken cup.
With nothing there to help fix it.
So, I'll sit with my guitar,
Alone, yet not too far.
Singing Hallelujah.
Comments
Post a Comment