Why is Love so Cruel?
The blazing sun burned against my back as I sat on the bleachers looking up to the bright blue sky. It was 1:00pm. I sighed contentedly, enjoying my spare C block until I heard schuffling footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Daniel looking at me. He looked hesistant and careful, and very nervous.
"Hey Daniel" I smiled gently, trying to ease off some tension.
He waved and smiled back. I shifted to the side and left him some room to sit. He stepped down and sat, avoiding my gaze.
"You ohkay? You seem nervous." I watched him fidget in his seat, while he looked down. His jaw clenched and unclenched, like he was thinking about something really hard. Finally he turned to look at me. His dark smoldering eyes, melted into mine with such intensity it made me blink. I felt my breath caught and suddently he was too close, invading my personal space. Sudden urges made me want to shove him away and run but also to reach out and cup his face in my hand and feel the softness of his skin against my palm. His face was inches away from mine and I can feel him thinking really hard about this, wondering if this is what he wanted to do. His lips brushed mine in an odd way. Feeling a little uncomfortable, nervous and excited; I slowly put my hands on his shoulders, unsure what to do. He pulled away and smiled that perfect smile of his. The smile that caught my attention from the very start.
"Angel!" A voice screamed from behind.
I turned quickly and saw a young boy with tan skin running towards me. He stopped infront of me, frowning slightly and staring at Daniel.
"Gabriel. What are you doing here?" I said quietly, afraid he might have saw me and Daniel a little too close than usual.
"I don't understand Angel. It doesn't make sense to me." Gabriel said, his face scrunched up in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
"So your with that guy? Who is he?" Gabriel sounded angry and upset while he glared at Daniel. His brazilian accent slurred the words as he spoke fast and hard.
"My name is Daniel for your information." Daniel responded. His heavy mexican accent was no match to Gabriel's accent.
"Angel, I like you. I really like you. I thought you liked me too. Or had some interest in me." Gabriel looked at me, hurt and shocked. I just stared at him and didn't know what to say. Daniel put his arms around me protectively and smiled. I had the sudden urge to shove it away but the truth was, I was technically Daniels now ever since that first kiss. It kind of made it official and besides its not like I pushed him away.
"I'm sorry Gabriel..." I said sadly. "The truth is, Daniel and I are together now. Your too late."
I turned away into Daniel's arms and saw Ashley running with Kailan towards us.
"HEY!" Ashley smiled and Kailan greeted Daniel with a kick and me with a smack in the head.
I peeked a look at Gabriel and saw him staring at his feet with his heart splattered on the ground.
Ashley's smile fell from her face as she saw Gabriel in almost tears and Daniel glaring at him.
"So...what happened here?" Ashley asked akwardly.
An akward silence filled the atmosphere and Ashley suddenly knew she shouldn't have spoken.
Daniel tightened his grip around me and I tried reaching out to Gabriel. I looked up at him and all i could see in his eyes was him telling me no, to not go to him or make it worse. I nodded and looked over towards Ashley and Kailan.
"I should of told you guys but, it was just all too quick."
Kailan shrugged and exchanged glances with Daniel, I did the same with Ashley.
Gabriel suddenly looked up and shuffled towards Ashley hesistantly.
"Ashley...." He was suddenly right next to her.
"umm yea?" Ashley said uncertain. Kailan watched him with hawk-like eyes.
"So, now that Angel and Daniel are together, how about me and you." He reached out and grabbed Ashley's hand. Ashley flinched in surprise but let him take her hand. Kailan twitched slightly, like he wanted to break Gabriel's arm off.
"Well..." Ashley said, stepping closer to Gabriel, considering.....
Kailan glanced at Ashley and I could hear was a deep rumble. I couldn't tell if Kailan was speaking or just growling, but i mean who growls?
Ashley turned to look at Kailan with an undecided expression. Kailan mumbled and I realized he was talking....to Ashley? or....I think?
Ashley looked at him confused. "What? I can't hear you Kailan."
"mummble mummble mummble don't mummble understand mummble...." Kailan said, slouching with his hands in his pocket.
"understand? you don't understand? what???" Ashley said slightly irritated.
"Doesn't...mummble.....sense....mumble to me....mumbblee....why?" Kailan fidgeted, hiding the tears that were getting ready to fall from his eyes.
"Kay whhat??? Omg Kailan? It doesn't make sense to you? You know what." Ashley slammed her foot down in anger. "Let's go Gabriel. Kailan is having trouble speaking." She grabbed his hand and walked away. Daniel looked over at Kailan and patted his shoulder. He shook him away and I could see tear drops on the cement. I could hear Kailan breathing heavily, and I knew the sobbing was going to come soon. Daniel reached towards him and tried to give him a hug but Kailan pushed him and hobbled away, his hands deep in his pockets.
"Come on Daniel, let him be by himself. He needs to be alone....mhmmkay?" I reached for Daniel and he nodded in agreement.
As we walked away, I could hear the broken, deep sobbing cries coming from Kailan's throat. I turned my head to glance at Kailan. He was on all fours, convulsing while thick drops of tears splashed his face messily.
The last thing i heard was Kailan's deep rumbling shriek. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
"Hey Daniel" I smiled gently, trying to ease off some tension.
He waved and smiled back. I shifted to the side and left him some room to sit. He stepped down and sat, avoiding my gaze.
"You ohkay? You seem nervous." I watched him fidget in his seat, while he looked down. His jaw clenched and unclenched, like he was thinking about something really hard. Finally he turned to look at me. His dark smoldering eyes, melted into mine with such intensity it made me blink. I felt my breath caught and suddently he was too close, invading my personal space. Sudden urges made me want to shove him away and run but also to reach out and cup his face in my hand and feel the softness of his skin against my palm. His face was inches away from mine and I can feel him thinking really hard about this, wondering if this is what he wanted to do. His lips brushed mine in an odd way. Feeling a little uncomfortable, nervous and excited; I slowly put my hands on his shoulders, unsure what to do. He pulled away and smiled that perfect smile of his. The smile that caught my attention from the very start.
"Angel!" A voice screamed from behind.
I turned quickly and saw a young boy with tan skin running towards me. He stopped infront of me, frowning slightly and staring at Daniel.
"Gabriel. What are you doing here?" I said quietly, afraid he might have saw me and Daniel a little too close than usual.
"I don't understand Angel. It doesn't make sense to me." Gabriel said, his face scrunched up in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
"So your with that guy? Who is he?" Gabriel sounded angry and upset while he glared at Daniel. His brazilian accent slurred the words as he spoke fast and hard.
"My name is Daniel for your information." Daniel responded. His heavy mexican accent was no match to Gabriel's accent.
"Angel, I like you. I really like you. I thought you liked me too. Or had some interest in me." Gabriel looked at me, hurt and shocked. I just stared at him and didn't know what to say. Daniel put his arms around me protectively and smiled. I had the sudden urge to shove it away but the truth was, I was technically Daniels now ever since that first kiss. It kind of made it official and besides its not like I pushed him away.
"I'm sorry Gabriel..." I said sadly. "The truth is, Daniel and I are together now. Your too late."
I turned away into Daniel's arms and saw Ashley running with Kailan towards us.
"HEY!" Ashley smiled and Kailan greeted Daniel with a kick and me with a smack in the head.
I peeked a look at Gabriel and saw him staring at his feet with his heart splattered on the ground.
Ashley's smile fell from her face as she saw Gabriel in almost tears and Daniel glaring at him.
"So...what happened here?" Ashley asked akwardly.
An akward silence filled the atmosphere and Ashley suddenly knew she shouldn't have spoken.
Daniel tightened his grip around me and I tried reaching out to Gabriel. I looked up at him and all i could see in his eyes was him telling me no, to not go to him or make it worse. I nodded and looked over towards Ashley and Kailan.
"I should of told you guys but, it was just all too quick."
Kailan shrugged and exchanged glances with Daniel, I did the same with Ashley.
Gabriel suddenly looked up and shuffled towards Ashley hesistantly.
"Ashley...." He was suddenly right next to her.
"umm yea?" Ashley said uncertain. Kailan watched him with hawk-like eyes.
"So, now that Angel and Daniel are together, how about me and you." He reached out and grabbed Ashley's hand. Ashley flinched in surprise but let him take her hand. Kailan twitched slightly, like he wanted to break Gabriel's arm off.
"Well..." Ashley said, stepping closer to Gabriel, considering.....
Kailan glanced at Ashley and I could hear was a deep rumble. I couldn't tell if Kailan was speaking or just growling, but i mean who growls?
Ashley turned to look at Kailan with an undecided expression. Kailan mumbled and I realized he was talking....to Ashley? or....I think?
Ashley looked at him confused. "What? I can't hear you Kailan."
"mummble mummble mummble don't mummble understand mummble...." Kailan said, slouching with his hands in his pocket.
"understand? you don't understand? what???" Ashley said slightly irritated.
"Doesn't...mummble.....sense....mumble to me....mumbblee....why?" Kailan fidgeted, hiding the tears that were getting ready to fall from his eyes.
"Kay whhat??? Omg Kailan? It doesn't make sense to you? You know what." Ashley slammed her foot down in anger. "Let's go Gabriel. Kailan is having trouble speaking." She grabbed his hand and walked away. Daniel looked over at Kailan and patted his shoulder. He shook him away and I could see tear drops on the cement. I could hear Kailan breathing heavily, and I knew the sobbing was going to come soon. Daniel reached towards him and tried to give him a hug but Kailan pushed him and hobbled away, his hands deep in his pockets.
"Come on Daniel, let him be by himself. He needs to be alone....mhmmkay?" I reached for Daniel and he nodded in agreement.
As we walked away, I could hear the broken, deep sobbing cries coming from Kailan's throat. I turned my head to glance at Kailan. He was on all fours, convulsing while thick drops of tears splashed his face messily.
The last thing i heard was Kailan's deep rumbling shriek. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
WTH, LOLOLOL~
ReplyDeletemummbleee mummmbllee...
i didn't know how to write it to look like he was mumbling
ReplyDelete