My standard of Beauty
It's been so long since I have blogged but here it is.
Have you ever looked yourself in the mirror and said to yourself "Wow, I look disgusting". Years ago, I would have said "meh..whatever". Lately for the past few months, I look at myself in the mirror and say "What the fuck..I hate the way I look".
It takes a lot of courage to see yourself, hate how you look and try to do something about it. Sometimes I feel my insecurities comes from my past relationships. Every relationship I have been in has brought a insecurity I haven't had before. Should I be upset about that happening? Or should I be thankful that it has been brought to my attention? Maybe..I have had that insecurity for a while and that relationship opened that insecurity up for me to my conscious mind. I have a constant debate about it.
I see old photos and I say "Wow, I looked so good back then." But what is funny, is that back then, I probably hated my body then too. I realized that I will never be satisfied with my appearance. Why is that? Because I feel that there are always expectations for me to look good. I am struggling. I am in a vulnerable state these past months, probably years, where I haven't felt confident. I see every flaw on my body and I hate every one.
Sometimes I say "fuck it..I love my body. If a man doesn't appreciate my body and think I'm beautiful, who cares? I'll find someone who does." Again, those thoughts are only temporary. They never last long enough..my mood changes and I try to change the way I look to please others. Why do I have to please others?I should just accept myself who I am, for how I look, and try to be the best I can be. Well..that's easier said than done.
I know I can do this. I know I can lead a healthier lifestyle, cut out the sugar and salt and eat healthier. I want to be healthier. I want to feel healthier. I want to feel pretty. I want to be confident. Those are just words. It's the action that counts. I would know this.
I am so tired of hating myself, and trying to tell myself I look prettier than that girl walking down the street, or more beautiful than that girl my boyfriend is talking to and laughing with. I am prettier, I am smarter, I am better. It takes so much energy out of me, to shut out those thoughts. It takes so much out of me, to shut out those negativity.
But I feel like I can do this. I have the power to control my thoughts and actions. I will not let someone tell me I am not beautiful because I believe that I am. Even if I have to convince myself every time. I'm so tired of being insecure. I hate telling myself I'm going to change and give in to the temptations. I WILL NOT DO THIS ANYMORE.
I'm writing this blog, not for you but for me. For my sanity. I want to feel beautiful and look beautiful. I'm tired of wanting to look like others, rather I want to look like myself...I want to look how I want to look..using my own definition of what beauty is to me. If you don't accept that my definition of beauty, then don't waste my time. Fuck off and go be with your standard of beauty.
I will make healthy changes. I don't care what people say. And because of that, I know I will confident and I will feel good. I want to tell myself who is reading this, to not be afraid. To not give in to temptations, be yourself and never let any man or woman tell you, that you can't do it and that you aren't the most beautiful person in this world. Because God created you, and everything God created has it's own beauty.
Have you ever looked yourself in the mirror and said to yourself "Wow, I look disgusting". Years ago, I would have said "meh..whatever". Lately for the past few months, I look at myself in the mirror and say "What the fuck..I hate the way I look".
It takes a lot of courage to see yourself, hate how you look and try to do something about it. Sometimes I feel my insecurities comes from my past relationships. Every relationship I have been in has brought a insecurity I haven't had before. Should I be upset about that happening? Or should I be thankful that it has been brought to my attention? Maybe..I have had that insecurity for a while and that relationship opened that insecurity up for me to my conscious mind. I have a constant debate about it.
I see old photos and I say "Wow, I looked so good back then." But what is funny, is that back then, I probably hated my body then too. I realized that I will never be satisfied with my appearance. Why is that? Because I feel that there are always expectations for me to look good. I am struggling. I am in a vulnerable state these past months, probably years, where I haven't felt confident. I see every flaw on my body and I hate every one.
Sometimes I say "fuck it..I love my body. If a man doesn't appreciate my body and think I'm beautiful, who cares? I'll find someone who does." Again, those thoughts are only temporary. They never last long enough..my mood changes and I try to change the way I look to please others. Why do I have to please others?I should just accept myself who I am, for how I look, and try to be the best I can be. Well..that's easier said than done.
I know I can do this. I know I can lead a healthier lifestyle, cut out the sugar and salt and eat healthier. I want to be healthier. I want to feel healthier. I want to feel pretty. I want to be confident. Those are just words. It's the action that counts. I would know this.
I am so tired of hating myself, and trying to tell myself I look prettier than that girl walking down the street, or more beautiful than that girl my boyfriend is talking to and laughing with. I am prettier, I am smarter, I am better. It takes so much energy out of me, to shut out those thoughts. It takes so much out of me, to shut out those negativity.
But I feel like I can do this. I have the power to control my thoughts and actions. I will not let someone tell me I am not beautiful because I believe that I am. Even if I have to convince myself every time. I'm so tired of being insecure. I hate telling myself I'm going to change and give in to the temptations. I WILL NOT DO THIS ANYMORE.
I'm writing this blog, not for you but for me. For my sanity. I want to feel beautiful and look beautiful. I'm tired of wanting to look like others, rather I want to look like myself...I want to look how I want to look..using my own definition of what beauty is to me. If you don't accept that my definition of beauty, then don't waste my time. Fuck off and go be with your standard of beauty.
I will make healthy changes. I don't care what people say. And because of that, I know I will confident and I will feel good. I want to tell myself who is reading this, to not be afraid. To not give in to temptations, be yourself and never let any man or woman tell you, that you can't do it and that you aren't the most beautiful person in this world. Because God created you, and everything God created has it's own beauty.
Comments
Post a Comment