Sleeping Alone Tonight
My hands curl up in blankets, pulling them closer to my body, keeping the warmth in. My body shaking slightly from the cold, I grip the blankets even tighter, curling up in a ball.
My breathing steadies, my shoulders relax and I feel myself drift farther and deeper into my dreams.
***
"There you are!" I race towards him, the corner of my lips lifting up into a smile. I always found it so fascinating how easily he makes me smile. My arms wrap around his body, his scent is overpowering.
He gazes at me with the same smile and I knew he felt the same way.
"How was your day?" He asks while we walk up the steps.
"My day was great, got a lot of stuff done. Yourself?" He opens the door for me and I walk in, giving him a wink as a thank you.
"Day was great as well, time flew right by.." He presses the button for the elevator, and I rub his arm gently with my hand. We walk into the elevator and I press the button to our floor. I lean against the wall and stare at him. His beautiful bright blue eyes, the eyes that I could stare at forever...his strong built body stood straight and I had the urge to run my hands down his chest. He stared back at me and I was wondering if he felt anything for me. The elevator doors opened and we walke to his door. I took off my jacket and bag and placed it by his bed while he went to the bathroom to clean up. I let myself fall on the bed, eyes closed, arms stretching out by my side. I breathe in the smell of his room, taking in every moment of being here with him..it just felt right to me.
Lips touch my forehead and I realize he's leaning over the bed gazing at me with a smile.
"Oh I didn't hear you creep up on me." My hands reach to caress his face, his stubble gently scratching my hand.
"Oh really?" He smirks and leans down for a kiss. Our lips meet and we kiss gently. My hands grip the back of his head as I run them through his soft ash colored hair. He climbs on to the bed and as he touches me, there's nowhere else I'd want to be but here. I pull him closer to me as if we could merge into one. As skin touches skin, I hold onto the warmth, the smell of his scent, and the feel of his hands on me.
He cups my face and looks deep into my eyes.
"I love you" Those blue eyes piercing through me. I realize right then that there's no one else I would rather be with right now. I kiss him passionately.
We lay next to each other, me holding his arm, his hand on my leg and we lay there in silence. I could feel his breathing slow down and his heart fall steady. His eyes are closed and I know he's drifting off to his dreams. I huddle closer into him, my hand reaches for his, fingers interlock. I move my head closer to his head and I gaze at him one more time.
"I love you too.." I whisper in his ear. I close my eyes.
***
My eyes open slowly. My hands are outstretched before me as if reaching for someone to hold. All I see is empty space. The light from outside blind my eyes and I slowly sat up, feeling a little confused. I got out of bed looking for him, wondering why he was not beside me, holding me, and keeping me warm. I head out to the hallway and notice boxes. I open the boxes and saw neatly folded clothes and possessions of his. I wonder why there are boxes and I notice a note lying next to the floor. I pick it up and read it slowly.
"You are reading this because every morning you wake up wondering where he went. I keep these boxes with his stuff and this note to remind you every morning why he is not there and why you dream of him. One year ago, you were in a fatal car accident, he was driving, you were a passenger in the seat. He died instantly on impact but you survived but with a cost. The reason why you don't remember is because you are suffering from a brain injury that will make you forget and everyday you dream of him because you love him and you wake up wanting to hold him but you can't. He is gone but he'll always be in your dreams."
I read the note several times before putting it down where I found it.
I slowly go back to bed, holding the covers tight to my body.
I close my eyes, praying for my dreams to come true.
I drift away.
My breathing steadies, my shoulders relax and I feel myself drift farther and deeper into my dreams.
***
"There you are!" I race towards him, the corner of my lips lifting up into a smile. I always found it so fascinating how easily he makes me smile. My arms wrap around his body, his scent is overpowering.
He gazes at me with the same smile and I knew he felt the same way.
"How was your day?" He asks while we walk up the steps.
"My day was great, got a lot of stuff done. Yourself?" He opens the door for me and I walk in, giving him a wink as a thank you.
"Day was great as well, time flew right by.." He presses the button for the elevator, and I rub his arm gently with my hand. We walk into the elevator and I press the button to our floor. I lean against the wall and stare at him. His beautiful bright blue eyes, the eyes that I could stare at forever...his strong built body stood straight and I had the urge to run my hands down his chest. He stared back at me and I was wondering if he felt anything for me. The elevator doors opened and we walke to his door. I took off my jacket and bag and placed it by his bed while he went to the bathroom to clean up. I let myself fall on the bed, eyes closed, arms stretching out by my side. I breathe in the smell of his room, taking in every moment of being here with him..it just felt right to me.
Lips touch my forehead and I realize he's leaning over the bed gazing at me with a smile.
"Oh I didn't hear you creep up on me." My hands reach to caress his face, his stubble gently scratching my hand.
"Oh really?" He smirks and leans down for a kiss. Our lips meet and we kiss gently. My hands grip the back of his head as I run them through his soft ash colored hair. He climbs on to the bed and as he touches me, there's nowhere else I'd want to be but here. I pull him closer to me as if we could merge into one. As skin touches skin, I hold onto the warmth, the smell of his scent, and the feel of his hands on me.
He cups my face and looks deep into my eyes.
"I love you" Those blue eyes piercing through me. I realize right then that there's no one else I would rather be with right now. I kiss him passionately.
We lay next to each other, me holding his arm, his hand on my leg and we lay there in silence. I could feel his breathing slow down and his heart fall steady. His eyes are closed and I know he's drifting off to his dreams. I huddle closer into him, my hand reaches for his, fingers interlock. I move my head closer to his head and I gaze at him one more time.
"I love you too.." I whisper in his ear. I close my eyes.
***
My eyes open slowly. My hands are outstretched before me as if reaching for someone to hold. All I see is empty space. The light from outside blind my eyes and I slowly sat up, feeling a little confused. I got out of bed looking for him, wondering why he was not beside me, holding me, and keeping me warm. I head out to the hallway and notice boxes. I open the boxes and saw neatly folded clothes and possessions of his. I wonder why there are boxes and I notice a note lying next to the floor. I pick it up and read it slowly.
"You are reading this because every morning you wake up wondering where he went. I keep these boxes with his stuff and this note to remind you every morning why he is not there and why you dream of him. One year ago, you were in a fatal car accident, he was driving, you were a passenger in the seat. He died instantly on impact but you survived but with a cost. The reason why you don't remember is because you are suffering from a brain injury that will make you forget and everyday you dream of him because you love him and you wake up wanting to hold him but you can't. He is gone but he'll always be in your dreams."
I read the note several times before putting it down where I found it.
I slowly go back to bed, holding the covers tight to my body.
I close my eyes, praying for my dreams to come true.
I drift away.
Comments
Post a Comment