Rogues: My Dream

I never imagined myself to be in this situation. I mean, to me, this kind of stuff was just fantasy..something I only read in teen novels and watched in the movie theatres. Boy, was I wrong? It was happening to me, and there was no escape..
***
My hand gripped the handle of the knife tightly as I eased my way into the front doors of the institution I was staying in. My heart was thumping wildly in my chest; my hair was hung messily around my face after just being attacked by such grotesque creatures. I didn't even know where they came from. All I know was that I was in deep shit. I had to play it cool. If Brian found out that I got myself into trouble with these rogues, he would be enraged and take it out on me. At the moment, I'm not really up for it. Brian is my bodyguard, ordered to protect me. I don't know why, but after being attacked, I guess it pretty much answered my question. My eyes scanned the room swiftly but saw no sign of movement. Just before entering the doors, I hastily fixed my shirt and patted my hair down. Brian turned his head and nodded at my presence. I swallowed nervously as I strode past him. His eyebrows furrowed as he smelled the sweat on my skin. "Did something happen?" He asked, his voice was husky and deep. He stood up slowly, scanning me from head to toe, looking for anything that seemed out of place. His eyes froze where the handle of the knife was sticking out of my jean pocket. I looked down and shoved the knife deeper cutting through my jeans. "Shitt.." I swore. Why did I do that? I don't know, I panicked, I'm a fool...I get it. Brian walked towards me, his hand out. "Let me see that Angel." I looked at him uncertainly and handed the knife to him. He examined the dried blood and glanced at me, searching for any cuts or bruises. He saw none. "Why do you have this? And why is it stained in blood that doesn't seem to be your own?" I sighed heavily, looking at him annoyed. "Why is it such a problem that I have a knife in my pocket..stained with..blood?" I slowly said, knowing that it came out completely wrong. Obviously, it's not normal to have a knife in your pocket unless you get into some shit,..which I did. "You're right, it’s not my blood. I...killed..a...rabbit." I turned around quickly and tried to escape out the doors, but he grabbed my arm. He tensed slightly, and I knew he could smell the scent of the Rogues. "When did they attack?" His voice went serious. I looked at his cold brown eyes. "Mid afternoon, when I was walking in the forest." He gave me a disapproving look. "The forest? Alone? Why would you do that? You need to be more careful." I pulled my arm from his grip and glared. "I like the wildlife, and I got away. I'm fine, I can defend myself Brian." I stormed off, not daring to look back. Stupid institution. Stupid bodyguard. Stupid me.
***
I went to school the next day with Brian. He walked me to class and I knew this was going to be the beginning of some lame ass parenting of him telling me what to do, where to go, who to talk to , where to eat, where to sit, where to...you get my point. Stupid bodyguard. The girls or who I liked to call LG's giggled as they pointed and blushed at Brian. I looked up and saw that he was preoccupied with scouting for danger then looking at stupid little girls. I smiled. "That's right bitches." I mumbled to myself. I saw Devin standing by his locker and I greeted him with a smile. "Hey, what's up?" I said, Brian's back was to me as he continued to scan the hallway. "Hey, nothing much. What's he doing here?" Devin asked, eyeing the tall bodyguard. "I got into a little brawl and now he's worried for my protection. Believe me; I'm not thrilled by his presence." Devin laughed. "Good, feel it." I smacked him and started play fighting with Devin, pretending to punch him in the face, while he MJ hit me in the stomach. Brian turned around immediately and pulled Devin's arm behind his back, smashing him into the locker. Devin squealed in pain and gave me a WTF look. "Do not lay a hand on the girl" Brian said threateningly. I shook my head irritated. "Brian, let go of my friend, you douche. We were just kidding around. My goodness.." Brian gave me a look and let go of Devin. "Um..I'll see you in class I guess.." Devin quickly walked away as the final bell rang. "I'm late for class. You happy Brian? Are you happy??" I stormed off and followed Devin. Brian watched me leave. "No, I'm not happy."
***
Panic ran through Brian as he waited for Angel to come out of the girl’s bathroom. She was in there for more than 10 mins, but little did he know, that she escaped through the window to get away from him. Brian saw a young girl leave the bathroom; he stopped her and pulled her to the side. "Have you seen Angel in there?" The girl looked at him confused. "There's nobody in there besides me.." Brian froze. He pushed the door open and stormed inside, looking into the stalls and saw nobody. He looked up and noticed one of the windows open. "Shit.." He ran out of the bathroom.
***
I sat in the field, soaking in the sun. Nobody was really around, so I was happy with the lack of noise. I looked up and saw a few dark figures gliding through the field. I squinted through the sun but couldn't really see them. I stood up and looked again. The dark figures were gone. I kept squinting into the field where I last saw them but still there was no one there. "What the hell..." I said to myself. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind; my scream was cut off from some cloth that was being pressed against my mouth. I flailed and kicked and its grip loosened. A forceful shove pushed me to the ground and rubbery tentacles wrapped around my wrists. It pulled of its hood and smiled at me. "Rogues.." I whispered frightened. Its teeth were black and decaying and its smell was horrendous. I coughed as its face drew closer to me. "Oh look who it is?" It towered over me, smirking its hideous smile. It looked up and scanned the field. "Looks like your bodyguard isn't around to save your ass this time." I gritted my teeth as I pulled my wrists away from the tentacles. I lifted my legs and kicked. It grunted in pain and loosened its tentacles. I pulled away and round house kicked it in the face. It lost his balance and fell hard on the grass. Quickly, I backed away and ran into the school, searching for Brian. Turning every corner in the hallway, I mumbled Brian's name under my breath. Sweat was building up on my forehead and still I could not find him. I turned my head to the right and saw a familiar figure. "Devin!" I screamed. Devin whirled around, bewildered and saw me running towards him. "Devin...Devin! Where is Brian? The bodyguard..Where is he??" I said anxiously. Devin looked at me and cocked an eyebrow. "Uh..What happened to you?" I shook my head annoyed. "Who cares? Where is Brian? I need him right now." I kept scanning the halls, afraid the rogues were coming. "Um, He was looking for you like two minutes ago. He went that way...I think he's still trying to find you. What's going on? Are you ok?" He asked, slightly concerned. I looked at him nervously and saw his gaze leave my face, his eyes opening wide in surprise. I slowly turned around and felt the tentacles wrap themselves around my stomach. My body flew back and slammed into the lockers. I screamed.
"Devin, run!!"
***
Brian ran out into the field, searching for my presence. He grew slightly agitated and kicked a black bag on the field. He stopped suddenly and picked up the wallet that flew out. It was bright orange. He started to feel uneasy and opened the wallet. He took out the drivers licence and saw the picture. Without thinking, he shoved the wallet in his pocket and ran back into school. He clenched his jaw tightly, and almost slammed into a half Asian boy. He didn't look at him and kept walking until the boy called out his name. He turned his head. "Did you call me Brian?" "Yes, it's Devin. Angel's friend. She's looking for you. You have to help her. These weird...things..with tentacles grabbed her." Devin said, his face all pale. "I wouldn't have left her, but she told me to run and find you. I didn't know what else to do.." Brian grabbed Devin by the collar of his shirt roughly. "Where is she?" Devin looked at him nervously. "2nd floor, hallway." Brian let him go and sprinted inside. He reached the second floor and looked down the hallway, a silver jagged knife in his hand.
***
My body ached from being slammed into lockers. I lay crumpled on the ground, desperately trying to get away. I could hear the rogues laughing as they slowly glided towards me. I coughed blood into my hand and lifted myself up painfully. I was unstable on my feet but as the rogues tentacle reached for me again, I grabbed it and kicked its side. It hissed at me and its other tentacle flew out grabbing my ankle. I clenched my hand into a fist and punched every part of its body I could, hoping that it would loosen its grip on me. Another rogue from behind grabbed my wrist, stopping my punches. I yelped in surprise and felt myself soaring into air once again. I smacked hard against the floor and this time, I felt my body give up. I coughed out more blood, and felt my vision slowly fade. I shook my head and looked up. A dark figure came into my view. "Brian.." I gasped. He moved swiftly past me, pulling his knife, ready for attack. The rogues circled him, their tentacles reaching for his flesh. He sliced through the air, cutting of the tentacles, stabbing the rogues as they screamed in utter agony. Tentacles grabbed his arms but he kept fighting. A rogue who eased away from Brian glided towards me. It pushed me until my back was against the wall. I was too weak to do anything and its tentacles wrapped around my neck and tightened. I gasped, my hand flying to my neck, pulling the tentacles from my throat. The rogue smiled satisfied as my face turned red. I tried yelling for Brian's name but he was too preoccupied with killing the last few of the rogues. Students entered the hallways and screamed, running away. I tried again to scream Brian's name, but no air was coming out. Black dots entered my vision, and my eyes rolled up into my head. Everything went black.
***
Brian turned his head and saw one of the rogues choking Angel with his disgusting tentacles. Anger rushed through him and he viciously sliced through the last Rogue. He slowly walked up behind the Rogue who was laughing while it watched Angel fall unconscious. He took the jagged knife and stabbed the Rogue in the back. It yelled in surprise and felt the knife slice upwards. Its tentacles loosened from her neck as it coughed out blood. It collapsed and looked at Brian coldly. "This is not...over.." It coughed a few more times before lying motionless. Brian slowly entangled the tentacles from Angel's neck, keeping calm. "She's not dead" He said quietly to himself. He looked up and saw Devin running towards him and Angel. "Oh my god.." He said, looking at the rogue’s body. Brian paid no attention whatsoever to him. His hand reached for her neck, feeling for a pulse. His heart pounded wildly in his chest when he could no longer feel a pulse. "Is she...alive?" Devin asked, scared. Brian ignored him and started CPR. He plugged her nose and blew air into her mouth and tried desperately to get her heart pumping. "Come on...Come on...Breathe..." Tears obscured his vision. Devin watched helplessly. "Come on..Please.."
***
I felt someone's hands on my diaphragm, pumping with force. Fuck that hurts. Who the hell is doing that? You stupid bitch..I started coughing and opened my eyes. Brian's face came into view. He yelled out in relief and pulled me into a hug. "Thank god. I thought you were dead.." Brian said, his voice shaking. I smiled and hugged him back. "Not really...I'm fine. A little dizzy, but fine.." Brian let go and smiled. Another pair of arms wrapped around me. "What the fucckk?" I yelled, ready to push whoever that person was off, but then noticed it was Devin. "You stupid,..stupid bitch...Don’t ever scare me like that again.." Devin hugged me tightly and I laughed. "It’s your fault!" I hugged him back and he let go. Brian stood up and helped me to my feet. I stumbled slightly and he held on to me, letting me use him for support. "I'll call the institution to get some guys to clean this up. The principle will probably be here shortly. I need to get you out of here though. You're still hurt." Brian said in a serious voice. "We need a car.." Devin looked up. "I have a car.." Brian gave him a look. "You do?" Devin looked at him slightly irritated. "Uh..yahh..is it so hard to believe?? I driivvee!" Brian smirked, amused. "Alright. I'm going to need your keys." Devin stepped back, his hands in his pocket. "Umm..no..I'm driving. You're not taking my car..you'll steal it." I gave Devin a glare. "Brian, let him drive..please. I'm feeling a little...uneasy. I want to get out of here." Brian sighed and motioned Devin to show him where the car was. Devin smiled pleased, and lead them to the parking lot. "By the way..my car might be a little shitty and small...But I assure you..It's not that bad."
Brian looked at Angel, slightly afraid. "Oh no..."
"And heerrreee it issss!!" Devin said enthusiastically.
Brian turned his head and looked at the little red vehicle.
"Are you fucking kidding me?!!!!"

End...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..