Dreams are like Skyscrapers

I am weak. I am unkind. I am sensitive.
That is who I am.
I am shy. I am down to earth. I am greedy.
Don't try and change me.
I have dreams. I have nightmares. I have beliefs.
I'm not the only one.
But my dreams are like skyscrapers.
The closer I get to the top, the closer I am to reaching those dreams.
And at the end of that tunnel.
I see a light.
Bright and beautiful.
But there's a catch.
Always a catch, an obstacle, a road block.
But I've climbed the highest moutain.
I have run through every field.
With the same, strong belief in my mind.
The belief that I have everything I'm looking for.
Happiness. Family. Friends.
Laughter. Tears. Joy.
What more can I ask for?
But at night,
When the moon is at its brightest.
And the night feels warm.
I feel cold as stone.
And I realize, deep down.
I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..