My Family

Sometimes, I just sit there, listening as they speak.

No fights, just occasional laughter, and happy conversations.

So I sit there, to experience it and remember.

Remember what we used to be.

What our family used to be at one point.

No fights, occasional laughter and happy conversations.

It's nice to see cooperation.

But underneath every smile,

every joke and every laughter.

There's still a lingering black smoke, trailing behind us.

And it will never leave.

And those happy conversations, and occasional laughter,

will turn to fights, anger, and broken tears.

And our family will fall to pieces.

And that is why I sit there, just listening,

so that when we do fall to pieces,

I can still remember what our family used to be like,

Occasional laughter, happy conversations...

And always...a little bit of pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Bullets

No More Second Chances...

Just words on a page..